ISSUE: So much learning in one weekend. I reboot my machine today morning and encounter following error.
Bootmgr is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart
To resolve the issue
1. Remove all other hard disk but one where you have install the Window 7.
2. Insert Windows 7 install DVD and reboot.
3. It will load files and will show you welcome screen & language selection. Click Next on this screen.
4. On next screen select Repair. It will detect the issue and try to fix it and will ask for reboot.
5. After reboot, you will have to repair the process to come to this screen and select repair again. This time it will show you a screen with bunch of options. Select the option one “Fix the start up problems”. It will take few min and show messga that system is fix click OK to reboot.
6. When reboot, remove the Windows 7 DVD and let Windows 7 load.
7. It should load properly.
8. Then shut down and attach other hard disks and reboot. It should work just fine.
Thank you Mr. Microsoft & Windows 7. Check this post as well which is cause by same reason - Windows 7 – Install Error - Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log files for more information
Alternate Solutions: I search for the issue and found these two blog post that explain the issue and propose various solutions.
We like to hear from you. Did this blog post help in your issue? Please let us know by your comments.