DotNetNuke Community Edition Version 05.02.00 is now released. The complete details for all of the changes can be found in the ChangeLog.
- Added Module Information to the Help page
- Added ability to view and edit the source files for a module
- Enhanced the module creation wizard to simplify creating new module definitions
- Added the ability to automatically create a test page as a step in the module creation wizard
- Added a core API to support content localization
- Added the ability to import/export page and module settings
- Added the ability to immediately run a scheduled task
- Added module caching provider API
- Converted existing module caching feature to use new provider
- Added page output caching provider API
- Fixed issue where upgraded sites do not properly set the default Language
- Fixed issue where scheduler could execute a a long-running task multiple times
- Fixed issue where improperly formatted email addresses could result in error when sending system emails
- Fixed issue which resulted in incorrect URL for SiteMap in a child portal
- Fixed issue which caused error when deleting files from the Host file manager.
- NOTE: System requirements have changed in DotNetNuke 5.2.0. DotNetNuke requires SQL Server 2005 or above and .NET 3.5 SP1. Please upgrade SQL Server and .NET before installing or upgrading to DotNetNuke 5.2.0.
You can download it from Dotnetnuke website or using following download links.
I normally use Source Code Package as it gives me easy way & complete flexibility to change code. But in general you want to start with Install Package (shared hosting) or Microsoft Web Platform Installer (local machine or dedicated server). You will still able to change Skin related code whichever version you use.
|Easy to install Microsoft Web Platform Installer Wizard|
|Install Package|| |
Contains only the files needed for a run-time deployment to a web server. Download the Install Package if you want to deploy a live site to a web server with the minimum required files.
|Upgrade Package|| |
Contains only the files needed for upgrading an existing installation (does not include module packages). Download the Upgrade Package if you want to upgrade an existing installation to a newer version.
|Source Code Package||Contains everything including full application source code. Download the Source Package if you are a web developer interested in the DotNetNuke web application framework source code.|
|Visual Studio Starter Kit||This MSI installs Visual Studio Templates for creating websites, modules and skins in Visual Studio. Download the Starter Kit if you are a web developer interested in creating skins or modules for the DotNetNuke web application framework using Visual Studio.|
For larger organization who are using Dotnetnuke for business-critical application should also consider buying Professional, Elite and Elite Premier Editions. Elite and Elite Premier Editions is additional support on top of DotNetNuke Professional Edition codebase.
DotNetNuke Professional Edition
Community Edition Quick Administration Guide
Watch a recording of the DotNetNuke Installation webinar.
Post a Comment