Another issue I faced few days back was - VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vmx).
VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vmx)
A log file is available in "G:\VPC\RakhiQAXPProfQtp\vmware.log". A core file is available in "G:\VPC\RakhiQAXPProfQtp\vmware-vmx-4392.dmp". Please request support and include the contents of the log file and core file.
To collect data to submit to VMware support, select Help > About and click "Collect Support Data". You can also run the "vm-support" script in the Workstation folder directly.
We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.
Resolution: This is not a documented method but something that worked for me. I think of it because of my extensive experience with restarting the Microsoft Windows for the resolution of many issues :)
- Close VMWare
- Restart the Host operating system
- Start VMWare
- Select the Virtual Machine and click Run.
- It will show you the error as display above.
- Click OK and click at Run again.
- Now it will show you an option to select start in Safe Mode. Select this option and hit enter. It will start the loading process. You may see a message that you will not able to do this & that while in safe mode. Click Ok to that.
- Your virtual machine should open in safe mode.
- Now shut down the virtual machine (Start->Shut Down)
- Run the virtual machine again. This time no need to select Safe Mode.
- Your virtual machine should back to normal.
- It works for me. Once I had to do this steps twice but otherwise it work as listed here. Remember to re-start your host operating system so it release some of the files it may have locked.