FDM is a Free and open-source Download Manager. It is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager.
FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license. You can download it from www.freedownloadmanager.org. It works only on Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/2000/2003/XP/Vista (32bit versions only).
Free Download Manager allows you to: adjust traffic usage; to organize and schedule downloads; download video from video sites; download whole web sites with HTML Spider; operate the program remotely, via the Internet.Complete list of features are as bellow and available at FDM web site - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/features.htm
- As with any download manager, Download or Upload your files or folders.
- Download files using BitTorrent protocol.
- Flash video download - Download video from video sites, such as Youtube, Google Video, etc. The video can then be saved in native .flv format or converted to one of more popular video formats.
- Remote Control - Create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via the internet.
- Portable mode - If you want to use Free Download Manager on different computers, you can easily create its portable version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each computer.
- Enhanced audio/video files - Preview audio/video files before download is completed and convert file format after download.
- Download acceleration - Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously, allowing you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed. With FDM download speed increases, or even more!
- Resuming broken downloads - When the downloading process is interrupted, you needn't start from the beginning again. Free Download Manager can resume broken download from where it was interrupted.
- Smart file management and powerful scheduler - With FDM you can easily organize downloaded files by their type, placing them in predefined folders. A smart scheduler allows you to start and pause downloading files, as well as perform other actions (launch other applications, establish or hang up connection, etc.) at the set time.
Adjusting traffic usage
- There are several traffic usage modes. You can adjust traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
- Site Explorer - Site Explorer lets you view the folders structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.
- HTML Spider - You can download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. The tool can be adjusted to download files with specified extensions only.
- Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors
- Zip files partial download - Free Download Manager lets you download only the necessary part of a zip file.
- Active spyware and adware protection through active communication among users - You can read what other community members say about the file you are going to download, right in the program window, and also leave your own opinion about the file you downloaded. In this way FDM users are always warned against useless or malicious files.
- Multi language support - Free Download Manager is translated into 30 languages. Supported languages are: Macedonian, Serbian, Albanian, Croatian, Korean, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese, Czech, German, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Uzbek, Greek, Vietnamese, Slovenian, Persian.
How to use FDM to download from RapidShare
How to use FDM to download flash video from YouTube
How to use FDM to download flash video from MySpace
How to use FDM to download flash video from Google Video
How to use FDM to download flash video from Dailymotion
How to use FDM to download flash video from LiveDigital
Post a Comment