Meanwhile DotNetNuke 5.0 BETA 6 is being tested by BETA testing users but no release date has been published.
DotNetNuke 4.9.0 was initially targeted as a security fix but then become a major release including several enhancements and numerous bug fixes. Some of the highlights for this release are as bellow.
- Fixed issues with the URL Rewriter. There were several issues which could result in unreachable pages using friendly URLs. We have added in validation logic to prevent pages from being created which would violate folder naming standards or which would result in two pages receiving the same Human Friendly URL.
- Fixed longstanding issue in the file based caching provider. There was invalid logic in the caching provider which prevented it from working correctly. The provider has been re-written to resolve the problem and provide a stable platform for web-farm scenarios.
- Fixed several dictionary errors. These errors mostly occurred under heavy load or were otherwise intermittent. Dictionary usage was evaluated throughout DNN and updated to utilize thread-safe approaches for updating and caching the dictionary.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users in certain locales from adding modules to div based panes.
- Added a new default skin that is more contemporary
- Added a new default template that removes much of the clutter and unnecessary information.
- Added a new Text skin object that allows you to add localized text to your skin.
- Added a new Styles skin object that allows you to insert additional stylesheets into the page header. Stylesheets can be optionally included using IE Conditional Comments.
- Enhanced the Search skin object to include the option to display a dropdown list of web/site search options.
- Enhanced the Update Notification Service to display information on new language packs that are available for locales which are currently installed.
- Critical - Authentication blindspot in User functions
- Critical - Validation failure in Repository Module
- Critical - Validation failure when loading skins
- Low - Information leakage in Install Wizard
The following modules and providers have been updated in the 4.9.0 packages.
- Documents 04.01.00
- Events 04.00.02
- Help 03.00.02
- HTML 04.08.01
- Links 04.00.01
- NewsFeeds 04.00.00
- Repository 03.01.15
- Survey 04.50.00
- UserDefinedTable 03.05.01
- Wiki 04.01.00
For a complete list of all bug fixes and enhancements, please see the official change log.
Thanks to Joe Brinkman for sharing this information.